Mọi người đều sử dụng một số từ vựng phổ biến để mô tả sơ đồ và viết báo cáo. Ví dụ, hiếm có ai không sử dụng các từ “increase, decrease, fall, higher, fluctuate, climb, decline, quickly increase, sharply decrease” và đó là những từ thực sự rõ ràng được hầu hết các thí sinh IETLS sử dụng. Nhưng nếu sử dụng những từ và cụm từ bị lạm dụng này, bạn sẽ không thể tạo ấn tượng rằng vốn từ vựng của bạn mạnh và phong phú hơn những người khác.
Bài viết “Vocabulary For Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 (Part 5) ” này chỉ tập trung vào việc giới thiệu cho bạn một bộ từ vựng và từ vựng hay mà bạn có thể sử dụng trong Bài Viết IELTS Học Thuật 1 của mình để đạt điểm cao.
Các từ vựng hay trong Academic IELTS Writing Task 1
- Illustration: can replace – “diagram, chart.”
- As the diagrams suggest: can replace – “As can be seen, According to the diagrams.
- Illustrate: can replace – “describe, show, present data on.”
- Trifling: can replace – “small, insignificant.”
- Delineate: can replace – “show, present, describe.”
- From this graph, it is quite evident that: can replace – “In conclusion, In summary, In general.”
- The most possible ground: can replace – “the most common reason.”
- Elaborate: can replace – “describe, explain.”
- Nadir: can replace – “the lowest point.”
- Apex/ Vertex: can replace – “the highest point.”
- Soared: can replace – ” sharply increased.”
- Skyrocketed: can replace – ” very quickly increased.
- Frantically: can replace – “very quickly, very rapidly.”
- Slumped: can replace – “quickly dropped.”
- Plummeted: can replace – “quickly dropped.”
- Surged: can replace – “went up, climbed, increased.”
- Deteriorate: can replace – “fall.”
- Dip: can replace – “fall, decline.”
- Dive: can replace – “fall, drop.”
- Go into free-fall: can replace – “fall, drop, decline, decrease.”
- Plummet, plunge, slum: can replace – “fall, drop, decline.”
- Take a nosedive: can replace – “reduce, drop, fall, decline.”
- Slide: can replace – “drop, fall.”
- Decade: can replace – “ten years.”
- Projected: can replace – “predicted, forecasted, estimated.”
- Overwhelmingly: can replace – “greatly, significantly.”
- Hardly: can replace – “barely, merely,
- At the onset it is clear: can replace – “As can be seen from the graph.”
- Indicate: can replace – “point out.”
- All in all: can replace – “In summary, in conclusion.”
- Obtain: can replace – “get.”
- Commence: can replace – “start”.
- In the interim: can replace – “in the meantime.”
- Correct: can replace – “right”.
- Inexpensive: can replace – “cheap.”
- Depict: can replace – “show.”
- Plateaued: can replace – “remained the same.”
- Oscillate/ Vacillate/ Palpipate: can replace – “fluctuate.”
- Declivity: can replace – “drop, fall, decrease”.
- Acclivity: can replace – “An upward slope, an upward trend, increase.”
- A steep fall: can replace – “A quick fall”.
Từ vựng đảm bảo điểm cao trong IELTS Graph writing
- Meaning: Đạt đến trạng thái ít hoặc không thay đổi sau một thời gian hoạt động hoặc tiến bộ, chững lại
- Ví dụ: The share price of the ACME company have plateaued out.
- Meaning: Submerge, lower plunge, sink
- Ví dụ: The employee satisfaction score then dipped in 2005 and remained at this level for the next three years.
- Meaning: Decrease, decline, deteriorate.
- Ví dụ: The number of passengers then slumped and reached only 2500 compared to four thousand in the previous year.
- Meaning: Sheer, sharp, abrupt, perpendicular.
- Ví dụ: The steep decline of heavy drinkers contributed to the enhanced life expectancy in this country.
- Meaning: Notable, considerable, significant, marked
- Ví dụ: A substantial number of these diploma holders did not finish their tertiary education.
- Meaning: Significant, notable, noteworthy, remarkable, considerable, substantial.
- Ví dụ: The dramatic rise in car use has polluted the air.
- Meaning: Step by step, slow but continuous, uniform, successive, progressive, steady, regular, even, consistent.
- Ví dụ: The participation of women in these sectors gradually improved and in 2015, more than 38% of women were employed in these job sectors.
- Meaning: Reduce, decrease, plummet, plunge, slump, shrink, fall off, lessen.
- Ví dụ: Investment in clean energy declined in the third world countries in 2005 while it actually doubled in most of the first world countries.
An upward trend
- Meaning: The tendency of being higher, something that goes upward.
- Ví dụ: An upward trend in the number of club members was visible from 2005 to 2007 after which it actually dropped.
- Meaning: Consecutively, sequentially.
- Ví dụ: Car theft cases in Denmark, Sweden, UK and Japan were respectively 240, 210, 354 and 189 in January 2018.
- Meaning: Sequentially, progressively.
- Ví dụ: While the daily fast food consumption per person in the UK was 50 grams, it was 61, 32 and 25 grams in the USA, Sweden and China consecutively.
- Meaning: The highest point, peak, vertex, pinnacle, summit, top.
- Ví dụ: The price then increased noticeably and reached the apex in 2017.
- Meaning: Ascent, climb, rise.
- Ví dụ: The activity of car ownership in Europe further developed and reached 57% in 2011.
- Meaning: A downward slope, decline, decrease.
- Ví dụ: The declivity in the number of female members in 2011 was almost double than that of the previous year.
- Meaning: Remained constant, did not change.
- Ví dụ: The ratio of highly skilled professionals in the former country increased significantly but remained stable in the latter one.
- Meaning: Plunge, fall, decline, slump, nosedive, drop, decrease.
- Ví dụ: The ratio of unemployed youth, who have vocational education, plummeted in 2005 than that of two years earlier.
- Meaning: Common, general, usual, prevailing, widespread, endemic, rampant.
- Ví dụ: The prevalence of the trend could be better understood if we compare the data with that of the last twenty years.
- Meaning: To remain stable/ intact, to come to a stop.
- Ví dụ: The old hospital stood at the same position as it was five decades earlier but the free space in front of it was converted to a car parking area.
- Meaning: Identify, itemise, list, summarise, recite, specify, quote, relate.
- Ví dụ: The illustration enumerates how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather.
- Meaning: Completely, hurriedly, abruptly.
- Ví dụ: Technological advancement has radically changed the way employees used to work in their offices.
- Meaning: Improvement, progress, stay forward, increase, grow, rise.
- Ví dụ: The increasing number of female executives in the company is considered a positive development.
- Meaning: Following, next, successive, succeeding.
- Ví dụ: Despite a hike at the beginning of the year, the oil price steadily declined in the subsequent months until June 2017.
- Meaning: Start, begin, set in motion, open, initiate, inaugurate.
- Ví dụ: The construction of the road was commenced at the beginning of 2001 and ended in 2003.
- Meaning: Slump, plummet, shrink, fall off, decline, decrease, drop, reduce.
- Ví dụ: Employers’ contribution to the fee for skill development courses has plunged to a great extent in the last decade, as the graph suggests.
- Meaning: Increase, went higher, jump.
- Ví dụ: Duration of watching TV as a leisure activity surged among the elder people in Australia after 1998.
- Meaning: Fall, descent, plummet, plunge, nosedive, drop.
- Ví dụ: Consumption of word resources in some Asian countries, on the contrary, has dived after 2014.
- Meaning: Swift, sudden, instantaneous, hurried, startling, unanticipated, unexpected, rapid, speedy.
- Ví dụ: The abrupt rise of the population in the early 21st century is contrasting to that of the beginning of the 18th century, as the data suggests.
- Meaning: Correlative, corresponding, parallel, reciprocal.
- Ví dụ: Academic performance and professional efficiency are somewhat relative to each other despite the presence of many other variables, according to the survey outcome.
- Meaning: Tolerable, adequate, moderate, fair, satisfactory, acceptable.
- Ví dụ: The wheat export then witnessed a modest decline and it affected the revenue earned in 2015.
- Meaning: Disparity, inequality, dissimilarity, difference, variety, diversification.
- Ví dụ: It can be inferred from the given data that variations in the pH values are sometimes detrimental.
- Meaning: Explain, make clear, clarify, throw/shed light on, explicate, annotate.
- Ví dụ: The line chart elucidates how much waste was recycled in the UK between 1990 and 2015.
- Meaning: Untangle, clear up, disentangle, explain, straighten out, separate out.
- Ví dụ: The data unravel the fact that the crime rate increases in the later decades despite some stringent initiatives from the law enforcers.
Trên đây là bài chia sẻ của HA Centre về Vocabulary For Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 (Part 5). Hy vọng qua bài viết này bạn đã bỏ túi được từ vựng, cụm từ và những từ cần biết, hay sử dụng trong Bài viết học thuật 1 để đạt được điểm số cao hơn. Ngoài ra, nếu có bất cứ thắc mắc về chủ đề này, bạn hãy liên hệ ngay với HA Centre qua FORM bên dưới hoặc LINK TƯ VẤN miễn phí hoặc số điện thoại: Mr. Hà: 0963 07 2486 – HOTLINE 1: 032 796 3868 – HOTLINE 2: 032 976 3868 để được tư vấn kỹ hơn nhé!