Nếu bạn đang luyện tập về IELTS Speaking part 1 thì đừng bỏ qua bài viết này nha. Bạn sẽ thấy có rất nhiều từ vựng về nhiều chủ đề khác nhau được đưa vào bài thi. Trong bài này, chúng mình sẽ tổng hợp và tống kê từ vựng IELTS Speaing chủ đề Happiness. Đây là một chủ đề rất hay gặp trong part 1. Mong rằng bài viết này sẽ có ích với bạn.
Từ vựng chủ đề Happiness
1. Từ vựng chủ đề Happiness
- Well-being: the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy (hạnh phúc)
There has been an improvement in the patient’s well-being.
- The frame of mind: the way someone thinks or feels about something at a particular time. (cách suy nghĩ đóng khung của bạn về ai đó)
The most important thing is to go into the exam in a positive frame of mind.
2. Động từ về chủ đề hạnh phúc
- Cheer up (someone): to feel encouraged and happier, or to cause someone to feel this way. (cổ vũ)
She plays music to cheer her husband up.
- Brighten up: to become or make someone happy or full of hope. (hớn hở)
Her presence brightened up my days.
- Go through (a bad time): to experience problems in a period of your life.(trải qua)
Andy is going through a bad time. His wife died.
3. Cụm từ về Happiness
- Tough time – a difficult period of time for a person (khoảng thời gian khó khăn)
Exam period is always a tough time for many students at school.
- Comfortable in your own skin: relaxed and confident in one’s manner of presenting oneself and interacting with others. (tự tin khoe cá tính)
You can begin to feel comfortable in your own skin by thinking positive thoughts and accepting yourself for who you are.
- Outlook on life: the view or prospect from a particular place or mental attitude or view; the point of view. (quan điểm)
Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
4. Adjectives topic Happiness
- Blessed : hạnh phúc
We are very blessed – to have a safe place to live, so many people in the world don’t have any place to live.
- Cheerful : vui vẻ
You are in a cheerful mood today.
- Delighted : thích thú
We are delighted we are going to Paris this month.
- Glad : vui vẻ/sẵn lòng
The girls are really glad that we rescued an abused donkey, Now the donkey will have a great donkey life.
- Thrilled : hồi hộp
I am thrilled when I found out that my father doesn’t have cancer
- Fortunate : may mắn
I hope all dogs are fortunate enough to get a good home.
- Radiant : rạng rỡ
You look so radiant today.
- Ecstatic : vui
We are ecstatic to hear that Jenny got accepted to medical school.
5. Idioms to describe happiness
Idioms to describe happiness
- On cloud nine: extremely happy and satisfied.
When I got my result of the exam, I was on cloud nine and can’t wait to tell my parent about this.
- Over the moon :
I was over the moon when I heard the good news.
- Like a dog with two tails: have the same meaning of on cloud nine, extremely happy
When Paul won the competition, he was like a dog with two tails.
- Full of the joys of spring: very happy, excited, and full of energy.
Amanda was full of the joys of spring! Did she receive good news?
- Grin from ear to ear: If somebody grins from ear to ear, they seem very satisfied and happy.
When we saw Jack grinning from ear to ear, we knew he had passed the exam.
- Jump for joy: express their happiness and satisfaction through excited movements and gestures.
The player jumped for joy when he scored the winning goal.
- Floating on air
My sister is getting married soon, and she is floating on air.
- On top of the world
I’m on top of the world! I’ve passed the University entrance exam!
Trên đây là những chia sẻ của HA Centre, tổng hợp từ vựng IELTS Speaking chủ đề Happiness. Hy vọng bài viết đã giúp ích được các bạn trong quá trình ôn luyện cho kì thi đặc biệt quan trọng này. Nếu bạn còn thắc mắc hoặc có nhu cầu học IELTS, hãy liên hệ ngay với HA Centre theo số điện thoại: Mr. Hà: 0963 07 2486 – HOTLINE 1: 032 796 3868 – HOTLINE 2: 032 976 3868 để được tư vấn kỹ hơn nhé!