Chủ đề Family and Relationship – một chủ đề xuất hiện với tần suất tương đối cao trong phần thi IELTS Speaking và Writing. Để giúp bạn đạt điểm số cao trong bài thi này, bài viết dưới đây HA CENTRE sẽ tổng hợp các từ vựng chủ đề Family & Relationship để các bạn dễ học nhé!
Từ vựng chủ đề Family and Relationship
- dysfunctional (n) rối loạn chức năng
Example: Even more appropriate is that after eight years of being in that dysfunctional relationship, her kids would be on welfare and they’d all have free Obama cell phones.
- Dysfunctional family / relationship / attitude / behavior
- Emotional / broken / abusive / incompetent dysfunctional
- nuclear family (n) gia đình hạt nhân (gia đình gồm 2 thế hệ cha mẹ – con cái)
Example: The trend towards the nuclear family is expected to result in a large increase in the number of single elders.
- extended family (n) đại gia đình
Example: A strong feature is that the book includes case studies of extended family systems as well as nuclear family systems.
- household (n) hộ gia đình
Example: High-technology products are hard to sell to households where the head of the household is over 60 years of age.
- Household chores / expenses / waste
- Single–person household
- behavioral (adj) hành vi
Example: The new chairman of the committee of managing director promised “behavioral and cultural change” at top levels of the company.
- Behavioral problems / difficulties
- adulthood (n) trưởng thành
Example: An adult under English law is someone over 18 years old.
- reach / survive / enter / continue adulthood
- young / middle / late / emerging / successful / healthy adulthood
- foster (v) chăm sóc
Example: They have fostered over 60 children during the past ten years.
- carefully / deliberately / energetically forster
- help (to) / be designed to foster
- bond (n) liên kết, quan hệ
Example: There has been a close bond between them ever since she saved him from drowning.
- Close / strong / common / natural / emotional / spiritual bond
- Be linked by / feel / have bond
- Create / develop / forge / form / strengthen / break / destroy bond
- tie (n) mối quan hệ
Example: He urged governments worldwide to break diplomatic ties with the new regime.
- Close / strong / weak / blood / family / emotional / personal / business / commercial / economic / cultural / polittical / social / traditional tie
- Have tie
- Establish / cement / strengthen / cut / sever tie
- Loosen / weaken tie
- rapport (n) mối quan hệ
Example: We’d worked together for years and developed a close rapport.
- Close / easy / good / great / tremendous / personal / instant rapport
- Build / develop / establish / enjoy / have / feel rapport
- rebellious (adj) nổi loạn, ương ngạnh
Example: Her teachers regard her as a rebellious, trouble-making girl.
- Rebellious teenager / spirit / youth / nature / behavior
- Potentially / seemingly / fiercely / notably rebellious
- obedient (adj) vâng lời
Example: Students are expected to be quiet and obedient in the classroom.
- Obedient child / dog / son
- Fully / perfectly / habitually / reluctantly / strictly obedient
- permissive (adj) dễ dãi
Example: It’s a very permissive school where the children are allowed to do whatever they want.
- Become / be permissive
- Extremely / highly / very permissive
- indulge (v) thưởng thức
Example: The soccer fans indulge their patriotism waving flags and singing songs.
- Be able to / be free to indulge
- comply (v) tuân thủ
Example: He’s been ordered to have the dog destroyed because it’s dangerous, but he refuses to comply.
- Fully / strictly comply
- Fail to / refuse to comply
- Comply with
- exposure (n) sự tiếp xúc
Example: Researchers concluded that low level exposure to the chemical was unlikely to cause harm.
- Brief / greater / limited exposure
- Give somebody / get / have / increased exposure
- sheltered (adj) che chở
Example: We found a sheltered spot to have our picnic.
- Be / look sheltered
- Snugly / well / fairly / quite / relatively sheltered
- Well-adjusted (adj) được giáo dục tốt
Example: The school aims to produce well-adjusted members of society.
- emotional security (n) cảm giác an toàn
Example: These mothers who talked about having emotional development as their children would gain a sense of emotional security and feel more at ease as a result of attending music classes.
Trên đây là chia sẻ thêm các từ vựng chủ đề Family and Relationship trong IELTS thường gặp. Rất mong bạn sẽ trau dồi thêm vốn từ cũng như một cách học từ vựng IELTS nhớ nhanh, nhớ lâu. Nếu bạn còn thắc mắc hoặc có nhu cầu học IELTS, liên hệ ngay với HA Centre qua FORM bên dưới hoặc LINK TƯ VẤN miễn phí hoặc số điện thoại: Mr. Hà: 0963 07 2486 – HOTLINE 1: 032 796 3868 – HOTLINE 2: 032 976 3868 để được tư vấn kỹ hơn nhé!