Emails/Handwriting là một trong những chủ đề thường gặp trong IELTS Speaking part 1. Bạn băn khoăn không biết phải tìm kiếm từ vựng topic email/Handwriting đầy đủ ở đâu? Vậy hôm nay hãy cùng HA CENTRE đi học từ vựng IELTS Speaking chủ đề Email/Handwriting để học thật tốt và chuẩn bị kỹ lương cho kỳ thi nha.
I/ Từ vựng chủ đề Email/Handwriting
Từ vựng chủ đề Email/Handwriting
- Email account: An arrangement with a company that allows you to send and receive emails. (tài khoản email)
Ex: My email account is: email@example.com
- Electronic message: email
Ex: You can contact us by email or tax. (thư điện tử)
- Attachment: a computer file that is sent together with an email message.
Ex: I’ll email my report to you as an attachment. (tệp đính kèm gửi đi)
- Spam: e-mail that is sent to a lot of people, usually not wanted.
Ex: Some Internet service providers block spam to subscribers. (thư rác).
- Junk mail: letters or emails, usually advertising products or services that are sent to people although they have not asked to receive them. (thư quảng cáo)
Ex: I find junk mails very annoying because they’re mostly advertisements.
- Commercial correspondence: letters and other written methods of communication between businesses. (thư thương mại giữa các doanh nghiệp)
Ex: Commercial correspondence has become more informal with the introduction of email.
- Cyberspace: The Internet considered an imaginary area without limits where you can meet people and discover information about any subject.(không gian mạng)
Ex: You can find the answer to almost any question in cyberspace.
II/ Verbs topic Email/Handwriting
Verbs chủ đề Email/Handwriting
- Send out: to send something by email or post (gửi thư)
Ex: We sent out the wedding invitations about 3 weeks ago.
- Deliver: to take letters, emails to people’s houses or places of work. (chuyển đến)
Ex: Mail is delivered to our office twice a day.
- Compose: to write an email/letter. (soạn/biên soạn)
I usually compose emails for business purposes.
- Set up/open an email account: to create an account (thiết lập/mở tài khoản)
Ex: Consider setting up separate email accounts for business and personal use.
- Jot down: to write (viết)
Ex: I still have to jot down notes in class because laptops are not allowed.
III/ Adjectives về topic Email/Handwriting IELTS Speaking
- Legible: handwritings that are easy to read (dễ đọc)
Ex: Her handwriting is barely legible.
- Illegible: handwriting that is hard to read, or almost unable to read.
Ex: His writing is almost illegible. (bất hợp pháp)
- Unintelligible: difficult to understand. (khó hiểu)
Ex: He muttered something unintelligible so I can’t make it out.
- Web-based: relating or done using the web
Ex: They describe themselves as new generation retailers and are exclusively web-based.
- Virtual:Something that is virtual can be done or seen using a computer and therefore without going anywhere or talking to anyone (không giản ảo).
Ex: I love virtual shopping.
IV/ Idiomatic Expressions topic Emails/Handwriting
Idiomatic Expressions topic Emails/Handwriting
- Snail mail: a way of sending letters through posts (thư gửi qua bưu điện)
Example: Snail mail is extremely time-consuming
- Lost in cyberspace: lost somewhere on the internet (lạc trong không gian mạng)
Example: Sometimes I get lost in cyberspace.
- At/with the push/touch of the button: quickly (used to emphasize how easy a machine is to use because it is controlled by pushing a button) (nhanh chóng chỉ với 1 nút bấm)
Example: With email, you can send a message at the push of a button
- Speak volumes: to provide a lot of information, especially in an indirect way. (cung cấp thông tin một cách trực tiếp)
Ex: A person’s handwriting can speak volumes about their personality.
V/ Bài mẫu IELTS Speaking Handwriting
1. Do you think people can know about a person through their handwriting?
I’m not so sure about it. But I guess people have different handwriting and it can tell something about a person’s characteristics. If they are careful and tidy, their handwritings tend to be clean and legible. Or if the handwriting is unique and recognizable, they are perhaps really interesting and have their own styles.
2. Can people read your handwriting easily?
I would say it depends. When I am careful to write something important, people will definitely find it easy and comfortable to read because I believe mine is quite nice and clear. But sometimes I just want to jot down some notes for myself, it will be really annoying to see.
3. Do you prefer to write by hand or on a computer?
I really depends on who I am writing to. If I have to write something formal such as a report to my boss, email is my first choice because it’s convenient and allows me to attach files, pictures, and audio. However, if I want to write a birthday card to one of my friends, for instance, I think I prefer handwritten letters. This is because I believe that handwriting still has its own meanings and can show my sentiment to the receiver.
4. What are the differences between handwriting and emails?
Clearly, handwriting and emails are totally different from each other. While handwriting helps the writer to send more emotions and messages or personal thoughts to the reader naturally, emails are quicker and more advantageous in terms of speed.
5. Do you think handwriting will be replaced by computers?
I would say possibly yes. You know, with the massive development of technology, it is likely that our later generations would be facing with computer’s screen all the time. To some extent, handwriting will not be taken over by computers in schools in the near future, but for professional work, there is a strong likelihood that computers will dominate.
Usefull Handwriting vocabulary IELTS
– Characteristic (n): tính cách, đặc điểm, đặc chưng
– Legible (adj): rõ ràng, dễ đọc
– Unique (adj): độc đáo
– Recognizable (adj): dễ nhận diện
– Jot down ( Phr.v): ghi chú, take note
– Annoying (adj): phiền phức
– Massive (adj) to lớn = very large in size, amount, or number
– Take over ( Phr.v) thay thế ai, cái gì,.. = to replace someone or something
– Dominate (v): chiếm ưu thế, lợi thế
– Formal (adj): trang trọng
– Be one’s first choice: là sự lựa chọn đầu tiên
– Attach (v): đính kèm
– Sentiment (n): tình cảm
– To some extent: ở một chừng mực, mức độ nào đó
– Professional (adj): chuyên nghiệp
– Advantageous (adj): thuận lợi
– In terms of sth: về mặt nào đó
Đăng ký học ngay để luyện Speaking đạt điểm cao:
Trên đây là những chia sẻ của HA Centre, tổng hợp từ vựng chủ đề Emails/Handwriting. Hy vọng bài viết đã giúp ích được các bạn trong quá trình ôn luyện cho kì thi đặc biệt quan trọng này. Nếu bạn còn thắc mắc hoặc có nhu cầu học IELTS, hãy liên hệ ngay với HA Centre qua FORM bên dưới hoặc LINK TƯ VẤN miễn phí hoặc số điện thoại: Mr. Hà: 0963 07 2486 – HOTLINE 1: 032 796 3868 – HOTLINE 2: 032 976 3868 để được tư vấn kỹ hơn nhé!