Chủ đề khá phổ phiến trong bài thi IELTS Speaking part 2 đó chính là Describe a Festival that you enjoy (mô tả một lễ hội). Topic festival là chủ đề chủ đề lớn trong IELTS Speaking, describe a festival/holiday là một trong những đề thường được cho ra nhất. Hôm nay, cùng HA Centre tổng hợp một số bài mẫu IELTS speaking part 2 chủ đề Festivals này nhé!
Describe a public holiday celebrated in your country.
- When it is celebrated?
- Why it is celebrated?
- What people do on that day?
- What you do on that day?
IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề Festival
Describe Christmas Festival
Describe Merry Christmas
Bài mẫu 1 Topic Christmas festival:
OK… Now I’m going to talk about a public holiday that’s celebrated here in this country every year. It’s … Christmas Day, you know, on the 25th of December. Some people might say it’s not really a public holiday here in Vietnam because they don’t have a day off, but I think the general public consider it a public holiday for one reason or another.
I suppose almost everyone knows that Christmas Day is arguably the birthday of Jesus Christ, the founder of Christianity, the origin of various religions today, including Catholicism and Protestantism. That’s a long story, but what matters here is that the 25th of December is now celebrated in many countries by both Christians and non-Christians.
Well… of course, different people do different things at Christmas. Some stay home with their family or friends. Others go to church or join social activities outdoors. However, it seems to me that Christmas Eve, the 24th of December, has more fun, and many people also enjoy the day right after Christmas Day, the 26th of December, which is referred to as Boxing Day. You know, I’m a Buddhist, so I’m not supposed to go to church at all, but, to tell the truth, I really like the Christmas atmosphere, and I often visit the church near my home together with some close friends of mine. A few days before Christmas Eve, I also drop in on one of my best friends to help her decorate her Christmas tree with baubles, tinsel and fairy lights. It’s really great to experience the feelings of getting together… with, you know, cosiness and happiness.
That’s all I have to say. Thank you.
Bài mẫu 2:
Christmas is an annual holiday that, in Christianity, commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ.
Popular customs of the holiday include gift-giving, music, an exchange of greeting cards, church celebrations, a special meal, and the display of various decorations; including Christmas trees, lights, nativity scenes, and holly. In addition, Father Christmas (known as Santa Claus in some areas) is a popular figure in many countries, associated with the bringing of gifts for children.
Over the Christmas period, people decorate their homes and exchange gifts. In some countries, children perform plays re-telling the events of the Nativity, or sing carols that reference the event. Christmas, along with Easter, is the period of highest annual church attendance.
A special Christmas family meal is an important part of the celebration for many, and what is served varies greatly from country to country. In England and countries influenced by its traditions, a standard Christmas meal includes turkey, potatoes, vegetables, sausages and gravy, followed by Christmas pudding, mince pies and fruit cake.
Describe Tet Holiday
Describe a festival that is important in your country:
– When does the festival start?
– What do you do during the festival?
– What do you like or dislike about it?
– Why is this festival important?
Please describe a festival in Vietnam:
Describe Tet Holiday
Bài mẫu 1 Speaking tet holiday:
– I would like to talk about the Lunar New Year festival, also known as the Tet holiday, which is the occasion expected the most by Vietnamese people every year. The festival usually lasts for around 3-4 days, and it takes place when a new year comes according to the lunar calendar.
– The Lunar New Year festival takes place because it is one of the most well-known traditions of Vietnam. Our people have been celebrating this occasion for thousands of years, and although there has been some recent argument about whether we should stop celebrating this festival, I do not think this activity will come to an end soon, at least not in the short term.
– There are some common things that people do during this festival. Perhaps the most important thing is that people who work and study in big cities would go back to their hometown to celebrate the new year with their families and relatives. The new year festival is one of very few occasions that families can gather together, so it is easy to understand why everyone in Vietnam expects this festival so much. Another thing that we usually do is that we give children some “lucky money” with the hope that it will bring fortune to those kids. We also have some other activities such as making “chung” cake, visiting temples and pagodas… and so on.
– The new year festival is so important to me and also to all Vietnamese citizens. The reason is because we get more days off from work and study, and therefore we have more time to spend with our families and our loved ones. It is also a great time to think about what we have done in the previous year, and to make plans for the upcoming year.
Bài mẫu 2 tet holiday Speaking:
Well, to start off, I would like to describe Tet, which is the most crucial national festival of Vietnam. In Vietnamese culture, Tết marks the beginning of the Lunar New Year. It usually lasts three days but celebrations continue for at least the first week of the New Year.
Moving on to the next question, in my opinion, the primary reason for its appearance is that Tết is a special occasion for family reunions as well as for celebrating the arrival of spring.
To celebrate the New Year, we do lots of things together. Before New Year’s Eve, we prepare some local specialties, such as Chưng cake, Vietnamese sausage and dried candied fruits to worship our ancestors and then enjoy during Tet. Houses are thoroughly cleaned out and then nicely furnished in the hopes of getting rid of the past year’s bad lucks. Additionally, many families usually decorate their houses with Kumquat trees, Apricot or Peach blossom and parallel sentences that are believed to bring luckiness, happiness and prosperity to them in the New Year.
All members in a family gather together and have parties to ring in the New Year. During Tết, there are a lot of customs practiced, such as giving lucky money to children, visiting friends’ houses and going to churches, temples or pagodas to make good prays for their family.
If there’s time left, I would like to explain its importance to our culture and me. With Vietnamese, Tết is vital as it’s avery meaningful tradition to welcome the New Year. And it’s more important because Tet is the time for families and relatives to gather under the same roof for rekindling love and bonding. For me, I always long for Tet as it’s the longest holiday, which can help me recover my battery after a long working year.
Bài mẫu 3 Speaking about tet holiday:
One of the most important festivals in my country as well as other Asian countries is Tet, the Lunar New Year Festival. This festival celebrates the beginning of a new year according to lunar calendar, which is around late January or early February. There are three main stages in this festival. Before the New Year’s Eve, family members clean and decorate their house with kumquat and peach trees. They also shop for new clothes to wear on the occasion as well as a lot of food for family gatherings. On New Year’s Eve, a big meal is prepared to welcome the very first moments of another year with family and friends. People eat, drink and sing cheerfully until the morning. It is our tradition that on the first three days, people visit their relatives and teachers. This is my favorite festival because it is the only occasion when all of my family members gather after a busy year. Besides, during Tet, I can completely relax and forget all about the troubles of the previous year. Lunar New Year has such significance in my country because we believe that, whatever happens during the first days will be repeated throughout the year. So, in order to have a new year full of good lucks, we have to prepare carefully for the most enjoyable festival.
Trên đây là chia sẻ IELTS Speaking part 2 Festival Topic – Describe a Festival that you enjoy cho bạn đọc tham khảo. Nếu có thắc mắc hãy liên hệ ngay cho HA Centre tới số Hotline: 032.7963.868 hoặc bạn vui lòng ĐỂ LẠI THÔNG TIN để nhận được những tư vấn chi tiết nhất.